Re: dvb-c & CI, but no picture?

On Wed, June 6, 2007 10:25, Simon Baxter wrote:
> David Härdeman wrote:
>> Try something like:
>>
>> gnutv -channels channel.conf -out stdout "NAME_OF_A_CHANNEL" >
>> outfile.mpg
>>
>> Let that run for a while and then see if you can play "outfile.mpg"
>> with xine or mplayer.
>
> I get a file, but not a playable one.  Am trying Kaffeine - as I think
> gnutv won't decrypt? (and my provider only sends encrypted channels)

gnutv decrypts just fine (my provider also only sends encrypted channels).

When you say it's not playable, does that mean you get a black window when
you try to play it or does xine/mplayer refuse to play the file at all?

What is the output from gnutv when you execute it like above?

(If I record a stream using gnutv to a file without having working
encryption, I get a file which is properly recognised by xine as a MPEG
stream but which just produces a black window).

--
David Härdeman