Re: question about the zap utilities ,,, why so many?

Nico Sabbi wrote:

>> CityK wrote:
>>
>>  So there is:
>> - zap ... intended for developers
>> - azap ... for ATSC and N.A dig. cable (STCE 07)
>> - czap ... for DVB-C
>> - szap ... for DVB-S
>> - szap2 ... for DVB-S2
>> - tzap ... for DVB-T
>>
>> Is there any technical reason why these 6 utilities aren't blended
>> together into a __single__ comprehensive tuning app ... say, "zaptune"
>> or whatever, for example?
>>
>> I'm not a coder, so I'm not going to be doing this.  But it strikes me
>> as a logical project if someone wanted to take something up. ... Google
>> Summer of Code be damned, look out for the CityK Day of Programming!
>> --- Takers will get no mentoring, likely lots of criticism from the
>> projects resident trolls, and no cash reward....but rest assured, you
>> will have at least earned the CityK seal approval and a glowing sense of
>> self accomplishment.
>>
> there are already dvbstream and dvbtune

I have to, having never used them, profess ignorance to those two utils
Nico. Although I also see that someone recently added a "DVBstreamer"app
to the inventory too. I haven't the slightest notion on how it would
differentiate from the former "dvbstream"

Were you suggesting that those two additional apps could be added to the
list and somehow be incorporated into a single utility?