HVR-4000 szap2 & szap problem

Hello!

Some short time ago I have asked the same question.

I am using latest drivers from Steven's repository at
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/hvr4000 with patches from this mailing
list.

Frontend CX24116 is shutting down on exit from szap and szap2. Manu
and other guys told me that I must to increase dvb_shutdown_timeout or
set it to 0 to avoid frontend shutdown.
Today I have tried to set dvb_shutdown_timeout to 0, 1000 and 1000000
at modprobe.conf, than hardcode it in dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c
dvb_shutdown_timeout to 0, 1000, 100000 and 1000000 recompile the
drivers for each value few times. Also I was using szap and szap2 to
tune up the frontend. The situation was the same in any cases: if
frontend was not in use by any running program it was shuts down on
exit from szap or any program that was kept frontend in use (like
dvbtraffic).

When I have tried SS1 timeouts works fine! Is it mystique?

--
Vasily Petrushin
+7 (916) 605 90 12