CI problems with TT-1500

Hi.

A few weeks back I started some threads about my TT-1500C, CI and Irdeto
CAM.  I suspected faulty hardware, so have been working under Windows to
test it.

I've now confirmed some transponders and PIDS which definitely work with
my combination.

Here's a summary of my Linux problems:

1.  Can't access the CAM menu (get a "en50221_tl_poll: CAWrite failed" and
"en50221_stdcam_llci_poll: Error reported by stack:-2")

2.  The card loads fine (get "kernel: dvb_ca adapter 0: DVB CAM detected
and initialised successfully" in dmesg)

3. VDR reports errors ("vdr: [2774] ERROR: can't write to CI adapter on
device 0: Input/output error")

I'm looking for some tools which will let me capture a TS (or anything
from the card).  I was looking at dvbsnoop and dvbstream, but am I right
thinking these will only produce something once the CI has decoded the
stream through the CAM?

What other tools are available to manually test?  Are there debug options
I can add to the "modprobe"?  Anything else?

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Simon