Af9005 driver: remote control not initialised on driver load

Hello,

I think there is a small problem in the af9005 driver implementation. When the
driver is initialised, it is registered with the fields for the remote
control empty. This doesn't allow for the remote control driver to be
initialised. So, in order to use the remote, one has to manually remove and
reinsert the stick, then the remote control works. It also doesn't work if
one boots the system with the usb stick in.

One possible fix is to reorder the initialisation to first check the
availability of the remote control kernel module, fill in the corresponding
fields and then register the driver. It seems to work here, but I am not
aware of the possible side-effects.

Anyway, I hope this report is helpful and the issue will get fixed. :)

Best wishes,
Stanislav NIkolov