Re: kworld plus tv hd hybrid stick 330

Hi,

I added the card definition to the repository on mcentral.de.

http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880#Installation

Can you please test it?

thanks,
Markus

On 5/22/07, Brian King <defectivelogic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone had any luck getting the kworld plus tv hd hybrid stick 330
device working in linux?

The product url is:
http://www.kworldcomputer.com/product/digital/atsc330u/atsc330u.htm

The device seems to be based on the em2883 chipset. I've tried the em28xx
device driver (experimental version) and the usb id  (eb1a:a316) is not
recognized.

In the em28xx driver I patched it to recognize the usb driver as either a
generic em2883 board, or a hauppauge wintv hvr 950, or a pinnacle pctv hd
pro. Although all 3 use the em2883 chipset, none of them worked (panicked
the kernel).

Any suggestions or further information? I can't find any information in the
em28xx wiki or devwiki or the linuxtv wiki.

TIA,
bk

--
Markus Rechberger