Re: A patch and firmware for Australian Dual Digital 4 users

On 5/8/07, ras243-dvb@xxxxxxxxx <ras243-dvb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Roger,

Hello again Markus,

> > The firmware I attached is not a complete replacement for the original
> > firmware.  It should replace only the 7MHz (xc3028_DTV7_2633.i2c.fw) for
> > Australia.  The base firmware (xc3028_init0.i2c.fw) needs to be loaded
> > first.
>
> Did you forget to attach that file now?

I didn't attach the base firmware (or default 8MHz) as I was trying to
provide
a minimal set of changes from that which works elsewhere.  We can certainly
create a tar file containing the three files needed for Australia.

> I think including the offset in the firmware would be a good way, I
> have the specs for firmware 2.5, the driver was written for firmware
> 2.7.
> The offset is indeed different with firmware 2.5, so best would be to
> make it as generic as possible.

I just checked the 'v2' firmware and with the Australian 7MHz file (and
2250000
offset) it seems to work.  I'm now getting somewhat confused between the
internal version numbers you're mentioning and those associated with the
firmware filenames (v2,v3,etc).  Is there a way I can get a copy of the
specs
for the firmware - it might help identify why I needed to add a few bytes to
the end to get things working in Australia?

> for now we can put a specific firmware online for Australia, I don't
> know what's the difference between AU and the rest of the world, in
> the end userspace applications should be able to adjust that setting.

I think with regards to placing the offset for the tuning of the xc3028 in
the
xc3028 firmware file you're right, it's a good idea.

The input frequency difference in the zl10353 demodulator is my main concern
as
I can't think of a currently available mechanism to do this cleanly.  Can
someone confirm that if we place 0x2217 in registers 0x6C,0x6D of the
zl10353
that this will work for users in other parts of the world with this board?
guess we could always pass it in as a module parameter (which Daniel may
have
mentioned).  Or are you suggesting something else and we're getting mixed
signals?

you should work with the v4l-dvb-experimental tree it makes everything
much easier for you.
I added a parameter for the inputfrequency to the zl10353 and mt352 there.

Markus