Re: usbvision: v4l1 compatibility and code factorization

----- Original Message ----
From: "lynx.abraxas@xxxxxxxxxx" <lynx.abraxas@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2007 2:42:36 AM
Subject: Re: usbvision: v4l1 compatibility and code factorization

On 06/05/07 00:30:13, Thierry Merle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Well, I changed the way for enabing the v4l1 compatibility.
> I modified the driver so that it uses the video_ioctl2 function, that
> provides v4l1 compatibilty. It improves the overall memory consumption
> too since this function was present but not used.
> I reindented the usbvision-video.c code in order to fit the 80-columns
> standard.
> So:
> I made some clean things in the usbvision driver:
> - add the v4l1 compatibilty by using video_ioctl2
> - make common video ioctls and radio ioctls.
> I put them in the repository http://linuxtv.org/hg/~tmerle/v4l-dvb
>
> I applied the 2 patches about the Belkin USB II device that David
> submitted a few days ago (norm setting and a comment addition).
>
> Can you test and ack (Acked-by: ) me the v4l1 compatibility and common
> ioctl work ?
> For radio, I used gnomeradio, gqradio (v4l2 patched).

Checked  radio  with  DMCradio (v4l1) and tv with mplayer both work perfectly.
Thanks Thierry! Great work!

Regards,
Lynx

Yeah Thierry has done a great job...  I did notice that the master volume resets itself when I was using kdetv and changing channels.  I'm going to try mplayer like you did and see if I can replicate the behaviour.

1.  v4l2 video worked perfectly but the volume resets during TV channel changes.  Used kdetv.
2.  v4l2 radio worked perfectly, no problems whatsoever.  Used Thierry patched gqradio for v4l2.
3.  v4l1 video, could not get it working..   Most likely a Dwaine problem.
4.  v4l1 radio with v4l1 gqradio did not work.   Most likely a Dwaine problem.
5.  Belkin device patches worked fine, did not impact any other NT1004 and NT1003 devices.
6.  I see the less memory usage too....  Mauro will be happy.

The only thing left to do is the audio-over-usb and the vbi stuff.   The audio-over-usb was working ok..

It's amazing to see when everyone helps out and contributes, what can happen.

Dwaine