Re: uk-EmleyMoorHuddersfield and uk-TaptonHillSheffield

Hi Christoph,

Unfortunately, I'm in currently in Sheffield and won't be able to try
the file you supplied. However, someone else on the list may be able
to do it for you.

James

On 04/05/07, Christoph Pfister <christophpfister@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Am Montag, 23. April 2007 23:59 schrieb James Gregory:
> > Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:15:46 +0100
> > From: Kev <kev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Subject: Re:  uk-EmleyMoorHuddersfield and
> >         uk-TaptonHillSheffield
> > To: linux-dvb <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> > Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you sure the frequencies are supposed to be without offset?
> >
> > Sheffield does not have the frequencies offset but Emley Moor does.
> >
> > For Reference:
> >
> > http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/index
> >.asp-region=show_all.html
>
> I don't entirely know what this "offset" business is, but the file I
> supplied worked (mostly, but I had to use a portable aerial at the
> time, not a normal one, and it wasn't a line of sight location either)
> without these offsets.
>
> I have been informed that there is a uk-Sheffield file already in the
> repository. I have tested that one and it works fine, so no need to
> commit mine (for whoever deals with that kind of thing :).
>
> James

Can you please try the attached uk-EmleyMoor file (the offsets applied there
are from
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_advice/digital_trans_guide/show_transmitter.asp-siteID=31.html)?

Christoph

--