Re: inconsistent use of saa7146_pgtable_free?

Stone wrote:
> > Are there any objections to checking these fixes into main?
>
> I'm not trying to get credit for this contribution, which is why I did not
> include a "signed off by".  But, I would sure like to see it added if its
> the right thing to do.  Ok, Im going to shut up about it now.  Maybe I
> shouldn't have jumped in the middle of this and disturbed the process.

Well, I just wanted to give Jon the chance to submit a complete patch
and receive all credits.

Imho the person who found the bug deserves to appear as the patch author
in the changelog. It's not a problem to insert 2 lines of code. ;-)

Btw, your patch is not quite correct:

-       if (!av7110->grabbing)
+       if (av7110->grabbing)
                saa7146_pgtable_free(pdev, &av7110->pt);
+               vfree(av7110->grabbing);

Should read:
+       if (av7110->grabbing) {
                saa7146_pgtable_free(pdev, &av7110->pt);
+               vfree(av7110->grabbing);
+       }

Otherwise indention would not match what the compiler does.

If Jon doesn't submit his signed-off until tomorrow evening, I'll apply
the patch without it.

CU
Oliver