Re: begining work on a hauppauge wintv-hvr-1600 driver

Dan Morgan wrote:
> Hello DVB list members,
>   I would like to start work or contribute my help for a driver for the Hauppauge HVR-1600 ATSC/NTSC dual tuner.  Can someone please tell me if I'm using the right list to discuss development.  I wasn't sure if I should be on the DVB list or another V4L list.
>
>   I found a cx2314x.c file in the CVS tarball i downloaded.  It sat in the v4l-dvb-520f7d68c8b4\linux\drivers\media\video directory.  Should I use this file as a starting point?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Also I've posted as much information about the card as I could at the mythtv wiki.  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HVR-1600

Support for the cx23418 mpeg encoder / DVB/ATSC pass-thru / pci bridge chipset
is already underway.  It is a work in progress, and not yet ready.

The cx2341x module will be used as part of this driver.  Currently, the cx2341x
module is mainly used for the mpeg controls.  This module, in addition to some
glue code, already works for the cx23417, but additional work is needed for the
pci bridge functionality.

An announcement will be made when the project has matured enough for testing.

I'm not the guy working on this, in case you're wondering.  ...that's all I can
say about it right now.

Regards,

Michael Krufky