Re: Re: [Proposal] Unification of the v4L & dvb wikis

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 12:08:54AM -0400, CityK wrote:
> Well, a week has passed, so I thought I'd give this a bump and an update.
> The good news is that the response has been 100% positive!
> The bad news is that I only received responses from  two people.

+1 Positive

I should have replied a week ago :-(

I looked at your mockup and it looks really clean and beautiful. You
obviously did a lot of work on that. Count me in as a supporter.

Regarding content, I think the page needs better support for the newbie, in particular
I was looking for the words "Getting Started" on the front page
plus a step-by-step action list to getting it working:

  1 - check hardware compatibility
  2 - check software version
  3 - install / compile / upgrade software
  4 - start testing

These steps could branch out depending on what the user has, e.g. if the
device is supported in distribution kernels or if they need to compile
from the hg repository.

Anyway, content rework can be done after the main job, which is to merge
the two sites.

Nick.