Re: Kaffeine universal DVB-T scan file

Hi, Mauro

Le mardi 17 avril 2007 13:22, Mauro Borghi a écrit :
> For example the freq allocation plan for Italy is as follows:
>
> # ch  center-f   bw
> chD   177500000  7MHz
> chE   186000000  7MHz
> chF   194500000  7MHz
> chG   203500000  7MHz
> chH   212500000  7MHz
> chH1  219500000  7MHz
> chH2  226500000  7MHz
> # (gap between VHF and UHF channels)
> ch21  474000000  8MHz
> ch22  482000000  8MHz
> ch23  490000000  8MHz
> ch24  498000000  8MHz
> ch25  506000000  8MHz
> # ... (add rows from ch26 to ch65) ...
> ch66  834000000  8MHz
> ch67  842000000  8MHz
> ch68  850000000  8MHz
>
> I do not actually know if and how much the allocation plans differ for
> other countries - but I suspect there are some differences: some might
> not use 7MHz channels, some might not use VHF freqs, some countries
> might have slightly different center frequencies for some channels.
> Probably Europe is quite harmonized now...
>
> The allocation plan for Italy can be easily translated into a scan file
> which is suitable for any location in Italy. I agree it's not optimized,
> but you are sure you're going to get all available muxes, even during
> years when dvb-t is still being deployed - with analog switch-off yet to
> come.

IMHO, such a plan should rather be seen as a recommandation, but will be
adapted to local constrains, so i doubt a "Country template scan file" would
be reliable.
ATM, kaffeine autoscan does scan 8MHz bandwidth from 402 to 898 and it takes
about 2.5 minutes (with the default 1500ms tuning timeout), so even with a
reliable specific country scan i'm not sure it would reduce scan time so
much.

--
Christophe Thommeret