Re: Re: Twinhan 1025

On 4/14/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Markus Rechberger wrote:
> On 4/14/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> stefan.haubenthal@xxxxxx wrote:
>> > Thank you so far ... but my EEPROM is completly empty and not writeable
>> :-(
>>
>> The EEPROM is writeable on the older cards and that's why the subsystem
>> information goes fscked up. On the newer cards this doesn't happen
>> (protected EEPROM's).
>>
>> The issue is because of I2C probes by bttv AFAIK, which i have pointed
>> out many times. Trying to fix issues like this has caused much of flames.
>>
>> It is time that the users take matters into their hands and slapping the
>> pig headed politicians whoever it is.
>>

> can you point out to some relevant discussions? (I'm just curious, I
> don't know anything about this issue)

All discussions are available publicly on the relevant ML's

could you point me to a subject that deals with that issue?
I don't see the point why something should get denied if it doesn't
break something else and fixes a problem.

beside that the same happened with one of my devices with a hauppauge
driver in windows around a year ago..

Markus