Re: Why is evbug loaded by dvb-ttpci

Hi

I think you definitely should blacklist the evbug module, as it is just a debug tool.
It gets autoloaded as it has this alias:
# modinfo evbug
alias:          input:b*v*p*e*-e*k*r*a*m*l*s*f*w*

That means it gets loaded too, if any modprobe request comes for an input-device. You can trace the udev events at that time by running udevmonitor [--env] while modprobing.

The problem is that every input-device has in sysfs an modalias attribute that triggers an modprobe call - I don't know why these entries are there - perhaps it can be considered as a bug.

Newest udev-ebuild (>=106-r4) for gentoo does contain /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist with an entry to disable evbug autoloading.
blacklist evbug

Thanks for the info,
I will go the easiest way and rename the evbug module :)

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx