Re: Fwd: Mantis driver: making cu1216.ko work for me

Marko,

Marko Ristola wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> It seems that the picture is okay, and your sound doesn't work and it is
> silent.
>
> I'd suggest to try to make sound work under Windows first, if it is
> Windows XP.
>
> My thought is that if the card does not work under Windows, can it work
> under Linux?

The cu1216 driver was mostly written by Snowtree from Satsion (you would
have noticed the additional copyright from Twinhan (GPL)), which was
adapted by me for use with the mantis Linux driver. The issue what the
Linux driver sees is exactly the same as well what the windows driver
also sees.

> At least we can conclude that the hardware works, if the device works
> fully under Windows.

Nope. Windows driver ~= linux driver

Regards,
Manu