Re: saa7134-dvb not loaded automatically

Excuse incorrect info, most of this is from memory:

My card is a Pinnacle (PCTV?) 300i

It has very bad DVB - lots of (mt352?) resets. It is fine for the first 30seconds-5 minutes, and then lots of glitches creep in over a couple minutes, until it is unwatchable and unbearable to listen to because of the squeaky pops, and then it dies (mplayer/mythtv/kaffeine).

This may be an issue with my computer as it does appear very unstable. I am currently replacing it, so I may risk putting the card in and seeing what it does in the new rig.

Kind regards,

Benjie Gillam.

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
Hi. Benjamin

Benjamin Gillam schrieb:
Personally, I like this behaviour, as the digital part of my
digital/analog saa7134 card is quite poor, so I just use the analog
part, which doesn't work (well) once the -dvb module is loaded. Simply
add that module (saa7134-dvb) to /etc/modules to have it loaded at boot
time.

This should not be the case. Which card are you talking about?

Kind regards,

Benjie Gillam.

<snip>

Best regards