Re: receiving a low-rate TV channel

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 18:19 +0100, Evangelos Stergiou wrote:
> Hello.

> What's in the DVB specification that causes such discrepancy in the
> behaviour of low-rate reception?
> Is there something I can do (in the linuxtv driver code, or elsewhere)
> so that I can receive my channel correctly?
Probably you use more time to transmit your frame than the caching time
of the receivers. With vlc you can try increasing this with
--dvb-caching <time in ms>. Put a time longer than the time used to
transmit the entire frame. If this works you should try to find the
lowest value for this parameter that gives a robust playback. Then you
should configure your broadcast equipment to increase the  dts-delay
with that value. This will (hopefully) fix playback on vlc and the
remaining STBs.

Regards

Sigmund Augdal