list..

From: "Henrik Beckman" <henrik.list@xxxxxxxxx>
> If someone could run usbsnoop on their windows installed nova-t 500 it might
> be useful to look on how it looks in the windows stream ?

Since I have another PC with windows installed I put the card to the
windows machine, installed the 3.3c drivers from www.hauppauge.co.uk
and took a trace with SniffUsb 2.0 [1].

The trace is a bit large (over 600M compressed), but it is available
at http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/UsbSnoop.log.gz - will take over an
hour to tricle over my link and the machine can go down whenever I
need to e.g. power cycle to get new firmware loaded or
something. There is also a version processed with the parser.pl from
the mbrechberger hg repo as http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/UsbSnoop.txt.gz
which is "only" a bit over 200M. If someone wants the logs mail me so
I know not to reboot during transfer.

I tried to extract also firmware from the trace with very questionable
method of inspecting the start and end patterns of the firmwares I have
and just cutting the matching part from the traffic. The result is at
http://brigitte.dna.fi/~apm/dvb-usb-dib0700-h3.3c.fw, but with this fw
the frontend does not attach, i.e. not very useful, probably
broken.

[1] http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm

--
http://www.iki.fi/~ananaza/