Re: Tuner sensitivity - details not on linux dvb wiki?

Nico Sabbi wrote:
Thomas Pinz - DC2RPT wrote:

In my personal experience, the differences between the devices are most time very small and i could not recommend a device which is better than all others.

Kind regards,
Thomas Pinz

theory apart (that I don't understand at all), in my experience
some cards have abysmally better tuning performance than others,
in the sense that while my Airstar2 receives everything available here
with exceptional signal integrity other pci/usb receivers I tried
either received absolutely nothing or at most 2/3 of the frequencis tuned by
the Airstar2, often with a lot of glitches.

I forgot to say that the worst receiver I tried (an usb stick
that tuned next to nothing) had the same demodulator as the Airstar2 (the mt352);
this fact alone says a lot about the quality of the single tuners

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users