Re: Tuning problem with WinFast DTV2000 H (cx88-dvb / cx22702)

Joel Michael wrote:
I'm having a strange problem with tuning and locking some channels on this card. After a cold boot, it will always lock to any channel, but after a while (20 minutes or so) it will refuse to lock to two particular frequencies, while the other 3 are fine. Immediately cold booting (ACPI power off, wait about 10 seconds, hit the power button) will result in being able to get a channel lock again. I don't think a warm boot fixes the problem (I will test next time it refuses to lock).

Well, I think I've got this sorted out now. It seems as though this particular card drops sensitivity when it warms up, and the signal I was feeding the card was right on the edge of an acceptable signal. A fan pointed at the card mitigated the problem enough to keep a stable signal, and an amplifier has solved the problem entirely.

Now I've realised I need some more capture cards ;-)