Re: DVB-s card wont be detected

JJussi wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28. Februaryta 2007 22:01, Matthias Fechner wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I currently setup my second VDR box but it seems that the DVB cards is
>> not detected by the driver. The system boots via NFS and PXE boot, but
>> I don't think that this should be a problem.
>> I use kernel 2.6.20.
>>
>> lspci -vv says:
>> 00:0f.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>>         Subsystem: Unknown device ffc2:0000
>>

> Looks like same problem what that new Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C card have..
> You need patch it.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb%40linuxtv.org/msg21622.html

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the problem of the Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
card. The patch will not help. You have to find out the manufacturer of
the card. The sub vendor id 0xffc2 isn't known. The sub vendor id comes
from the eeprom of the card. It may be a problem of the eeprom of this card.

- Hartmut