Glitches in audio and video when recording from BTTV Twinhan VP-1025

I have a Twinhan VP-1025 PCI card (BTTV). It tunes fine and records ok except that every few minutes the recording has glitches which disrupt the audio and video at irregular intervals. The Twinhan card works fine using Twinhan's windows software and the same feed as when used from Linux, so it seems to be a pure Linux issue. The drivers load and detect the card without any errors.

I've tried running the latest drivers (extracted using Mercuurial and rebuilt and re-tested just before sending this message) with kernel 2.6.20, but the problem still happens.

Can anyone help?