Re: Mantis driver: making cu1216.ko work for me

On 2/24/07, Marko Ristola <marko.ristola@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Manu,

I attached a minimal patch against mantis.tar.bz2.
It contains changes into cu1216.c.
Those changes enable dvb_core.c heuristics
so that both inversion=0 and inversion=1 work.

I didn't have to insert the get_tune_settings() function
that informs dvb_core.c about the 50ms delay.
cu1216.c works for me without that now.
I didn't have to fix the negative return value issue either:
no function seems to check the return value
of cu1216_set_parameters() anymore.

File cu1216_no_inversion_heuristics.patch
contains changes without fixing indentation.

File cu1216_no_inversion_heuristics_final.patch
contains same changes, but with fixing the indentation.

Without the patch, cu1216.c is stuck with inversion=0 :
it never tries inversion=1.

With me the fixed version works nicely:
Initially dvb_core.c tries with automatic mode inversion=0.
That fails for me and then dvb_core.c tries inversion=1.
That's successful for me.

When I switch into another frequency, dvb_core.c tries first inversion=1.
Thus it remembered the previous successfull inversion.

Thus I'd like to have Kaffeine inform dvb_core.c about using inversion=1
first.
That way I would save over two seconds for the first channel.

Cool. will pull it in. BTW can you give a round of tests with
http://kromtek.com/dvb/mantis-v4l-dvb.tar.bz2

The same patch can be applied to cu1216.c, as there weren't any
changes relevant to the cu1216.

Regards,
Marko

Thanks,