Re: Anubis Electronics "Lifeview"(0x10fd:0x1513) (was: msi digivox mini ii)

This is very interesting to me because it's so similar to my
"LifeView TV Walker Twin" (10fd:0514).

I modified the m920x driver to detect my device and tried to
send firmware to the device, but I found the firmware files I
downloaded using Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware are the
wrong format. So I posted here yesterday asking if anyone can
help me obtain firmware.

Since posting I tried to make the device work under windows inside
a VMWare virtual machine. I used the "LifeView MVP" software which
comes on CD with the device. The software doesn't work (I get the
error "Cannot init dvb!") but I noticed that my device's ID changed
from 10fd:0514 to 10fd:0513 afterward, so I suspected that Windows
was loading the firmware.

Today I tried to monitor the USB device transactions with usbmon
and I got a 50k logfile to analyse. Then I found your posting
with the attachment dvb-usb-digivox-02-0001.obj, and I compared
the hex dump of that file against the usbmon output. I was right;
Windows is sending firmware to the device, and furthermore it is
nearly identical to your file.

usbmon by default only logs the first 32 bytes of every packet but
I could verify that it's sending the entire firmware. I'm about to
rebuild the kernel to log all 64 bytes and then I will be able to
easily extract the exact firmware for my device.

By the way, the Windows device driver is from the LifeView MVP
cdrom, specifically M9207BDA.sys, how about yours?

After I have the firmware loaded I will start to explore the
differences between my (very poorly) hacked m920x.c driver and yours.

Nick.