dvbstream and vdr streamdev streaming format difference?

Hi all,

I'm thinking to write a simple udp clone of vdr streamdev plugin.

I tested dvbstream, but the problem is I couldn't play dvbstream streams
with videlan, which is only player that I know works with linux and
windows and could play streamdev streams.

Does anybody know what format streamdev streams, and why videolan could
not play dvbstream streams?
although dvbstream says it uses rtp over udp protocol, and videolan has
an option to play this.

John.