twinhan alpha vp7045A newer rev, firmware

Hi,

Anyone had any succes with getting the newer alphas to work ?
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-November/014202.html

If not I will try to extract the firmware from the latest windows driver, can anyone help me with hints on how to do this.
Would it be possible to initialize the stick in windows and then without deinitializing it connect it to linux and download the firmware ?
(thinking vmware or a powered hub here).

TIA
/Henrik