Re: Re : Verifying that everything works with szap

On Wed, February 21, 2007 11:32 am, manu wrote:
> Le 20.02.2007 23:20:07, Mike Barnard a écrit :
>>    Hi, folks! I'm in the midst of trying to get my first Linux DVB-S
>> setup working and I'm having a rather frustrating problem. I'm
>> running Ubuntu Dapper, I think I have the necessary kernel modules
>> loaded. My satellite dish is aimed correctly and the LNB works, as
>> evidenced by the fact that my standalone receiver has no problem
>> getting a good signal. Because I'm in North America, I wasn't able to
>> use any stock DVB-S channels.conf files (at least not that are part
>> of the Ubuntu dvb-utils package) so I hacked together a one-liner
>> that looks like this:
>>
>> ABC News Now:11953:v:1:19540:508:456
>
> Why dont you use scan/dvbscan or Kaffeine? It just needs the
> transponders frequencies/polarisations (you can find this on
> lyngsat.com) and it will build the channels.conf for you.
> Bye
> Manu

^ I'd agree with that for sure.

Otherwise I think you probably need to change your "satellite" number from
"1" to "0".  Assuming you aren't using a diseq switch.

   ABC News Now:11953:v:0:19540:508:456

As with many things in computing, counting starts at zero.

Robert.