TT-1500 / TDA10046

I have had real problems getting the TT-1500 (DVB-T) working.

I have been using dvbtune for some diagnostics.

The following should yield BBC Multiplex on my local transmitter

dvbtune -c 0 -qam 16 -gi 32 -cr 3_4 -bw 8 -tm 2 -f 722000

It does not, I tried adding 166Khz (722166) but no luck. So I tried just working my way through some frequencies. I can get the FE_STATUS to report FE_HAS_SIGNAL on some frequencies. I even get FE_HAS_CARRIER on occasion but never any more than that.

Does this mean the tuner is getting *something*. It's not random for sure, I always get this result on the few frequencies I have tried. I am using 2.6.18.1. I know the signal (antenna) to be OK as I get no issues with a CX based DVB-T module, on any frequency I pick. This has to be a driver or settings issue. I compile the relevant modules into the kernel, I get valid firmware loads in dmesg (version 20).

I can insert relevant debugging code if needed - if anyone has any ideas what might help. I can send a TT unit out if anyone needs one to test with.

Nick