Re: Has someone includedhttp://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/multiproto in another repo ?

On 2/20/07, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/20/07, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
> > Hello :-)
> >
> > Thank to the tip on #v4l I try to include the info for the HVR-4000 into
> > another repo.
> >
> > I have installed kdiff3 but I still found it hard.
> >
> > I tried this :
> >
> > hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb
> > cd v4l-dvb
> > hg pull http://linuxtv.org/hg/~stoth/multiproto
> > hg merge
> > but it's too hard at hg merge for me...
> >
> > Maybe I should try to put the HVR-4000 into another repo ?
> >
> > I'll be really interested if someone already did those steps with more
> > sucess ;-)
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> >
> The stoth/multiproto HVR4000 patches were simply enough to add to Manu's
> multiproto project. The best approach would be to obtain Manu's latest
> stuff and merge the differences.
>
> ... Assuming Manu's tree tracks the current v4l tree. It may be a static
> point in time from mid last year.
>
> I can add the HVR4000 specific stuff to a current v4l tree, but without
> the enhanced API's its more of a hack and would require private ioctls.

Have been a bit busy fixing some stuff what i had in there with
regards to the frontend core stuff. The API stuff remains more or less
the same.

If it helps i have some patches at http://kromtek.com/dvb/patches/
patches 1 to 3 might be what you might be interested in, rest are
STB0899 specific.

Preliminary rounds of testing seems to be fine, but some rough edges
needs to ironed out.

forgot to mention that i have moved the backward compatibility stuff
from the from the frontend modules to the frontend core such that the
patch set is smaller.

patch 6 takes care of that.

Manu