Re: Lost frontend

'morning Bryant,

I might be able to help (as unlikely as that seems to me :-)   I have
a mythtv box which runes SuSE 10.0 on AMD64, and which uses two
Avermedia 771 cards.  Its worked almost perfectly now for a year-ish;
the only problem that happens is that very rarely (about once every 4
months) the frontends vanish, and can be a real pain to recover.
Anyhow, here is what I do when this happens:

When everything works, I note how the cards should be configured:

Number          Card Name
------                ---------
0-TV               Bt878                             Driver bttv
1-TV               Bt878
0-DVB            Avermedia DVB-T 771      Driver bt878, driver mt352
1-DVB            Avermedia DVB-T 771

Notes:
- The mt352 is the Zarlink MT352 DVB-T Demodulator Driver
- The DVB entries are the front-ends I think. Anyhow,
 they require two drivers/kernel modules, as shown above.
- Modprobe the drivers/kernel modules.
- I need to shutdown and then restart the computer
 between changes. Restart is not enough.
- I seem to need to run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script as root
 to create the /dev devices.
- Shutdown and then start up lots.

I hope this helps; let me know if I can provide any other info.

Thanks,
 Tim.