Re: RFC: MPEG encoding and decoding V4L2/DVB API additions

Em Dom, 2007-02-18 às 14:03 +0100, Hans Verkuil escreveu:
> RFC MPEG encoding and decoding V4L2/DVB API additions
> Version 0.2
>
> (The latest version of this RFC can be found here as well:
> http://ivtvdriver.org/viewcvs/ivtv/trunk/doc/)
>
> This RFC adds new functionality to the V4L2/DVB API in order to properly
> support MPEG hardware encoders and decoders. This is mostly driven by
> the work to get the ivtv driver (www.ivtvdriver.org) into the kernel,
> but it can also benefit other hardware encoders and decoders. Which is
> why this RFC is cross-posted to the dxr3-devel mailinglist as well.

The API additions to V4L API seems ok to me. It would be nice if Oliver
and Ralph can contribute checking the usage of the DVB API for ivtv, as
proposed by Hans.

Hans, from my POV, and if nobody is against, you can implement ivtv as
proposed, marking the newer V4L additions and ivtv driver in Kernel as
EXPERIMENTAL, asking me to pull the ivtv patches. I'll ask Linus to pull
it as soon as I can review it.

--
Cheers,
Mauro