Re: Kernel panic with ifconfig down, Please help

Hello,

About my problem with the kernel oops when doing ifconfig down, I have been doing some more modifications and now:

1-If I apply the patch for smp systems to last version in CVS for kernel 2.4:

I can stop dvb?_? interfaces, the lsmod returns that skystar2 stv0299 and dvbcore are unused, and then I can remove the driver perfectly. However, some times (very frequently), when I do insmod again and create again dvb?_? intefaces with ifconfig dvb0_0 ip .., I get a Panic. It is strange, I get the panic, but before I receive correct value for dvbtune -i (looking for trasponder EUMETCASt)
What can provoke a kernel panic when starting DVB interfaces? any idea?

2- If I apply the patch to last version 1.1.1 then:

The systems seems not to have a Kernel Panic, but, when I do ifconfig down, the lsmod says the skystar module is being used by 4, so I can never do "insmod.sh unload".

Thanks!

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com