Re: Re: Medion saa7134 dvb-s-card

Hi, Chris

Chris schrieb:
>>> Many thanks for your endeavours,
>>> H.- Georg
>>>
>> DVB-S support for this card is not implemeted yet, sorry. We have support
>> for the major components now, so it sould be possible to get it running with
>> reasonable effort. If i have to do this, can you please contact me in few
>> weeks again? I wish to solve another issue first.
>>
>> Best regards
>>    Hartmut
>>

> Hi there,
> I was wondering whether you or someone else had time to look into this Medion
> Hybrid-card thing. I would love to be able to use the DVB-s part of that card
> in Linux.
> Maybe it's already solved and I just missed it on the mailing list? If so,
> please apologise.
> Kind regards,
> Chris

Are we talking about the MD8800 (2X analog, DVB-T and DVB-S) ?
Situation is as follows:
- I had some trouble with my improved driver for tda827x. This is almost solved
  now and will be published the next days
- Afterwards i intend to work on improving the tda10086 driver.
- For the md8800 we will need a additional driver for its LNB controller.
  I have a datasheet, implementing it should not be too difficult.

The problem is that i don't have any DVB-S hardware. "Remote" debugging takes
its time....

Hartmut