Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:30:43 +1100
From: Andy <myidea72bvdl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  DVICO HDTV PCI and MythTV issue
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I am hoping somebody on this list can help with a very annoying problem using a DVICO HDTV PCI card with MythTV.

The card works perfectly with Xine, but MythTV receives corrupted audio (continuous machine gun like noise) with a good picture ONLY on certain channels. Is anybody else experiencing this problem???

I am in Sydney, Australia. The free to air stations that don't work are all the Nine Network (Chn 9, 90, 99), Ten Network (Chn 1, 10 but 11 works!) and ABC Network (only 2 doesn't work). All other 15 or so channels are received beautifully.

Note, I used the "add 166667" trick on the frequency file for the Nine Network in "dvb-t/au-sydney_north_shore" file of dvb-utils in order to get a valid channels.conf. Xine uses this file perfectly receiving all stations. I have let MythTV do it's own scan - it finds all stations. It just can't receive the particular stations above. I have also tried importing the above channels.conf file - exactly the same result.

Is their a difference between the way Xine would tune the card and the way MythTV would tune the card? I am using Fedora Core 6 (2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 #1 SMP i686 athlon i386) and I am running MythTV installed using Yum from ATrpms (mythtv-backend-0.20-151.fc6.at).

Many thanks,
Andy.