TBS Q-Box USB 2.0 receiver

Gentelmen
I new to the list, not quite sure how this process works.
But, I was told this would likely be the best place to find the answers I'm seeking.
I recently purchased a new device, a DVB-S receiver named TBS Q-BOX.

It appears similar to the following USB receivers:
Tongshi
Nextorm
DVB world
Star Sat 2
Turbo Sight
Opera DBV S1
All of which I think use (the so called) windows DBA compliant device drivers.

I like to use this receiver under a Linux OS, as I'm not very happy with it's limitations and quality under windows. It, as the above receivers, uses a USB 2.0 interface to communicate with the computer.
The chipset appears to be a Cypress Semiconductors  cy7c68013A-56pvxc.
I'm as a fairly new Linux user, (under 2 years) and not good at coding.
I have pretty good hardware knowledge, as a consumer electronics tech. I'm not afraid to dig into the unit, if necessary. At this point I note, the units power lite comes on, after booting with Simply Mepis 6.0, with no Satellite application running. Which makes me wonder if the kernel's B2C2 drivers are trying to access the unit from boot. Let me know what we need to start the process of adding this unit to the linux capable list.

thanks in advance IMnobody /charlie