To: "daniel garcia" <daniarnedo@xxxxxxxx>; <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:12 PM
Subject: Re:  Kernel panic with ifconfig down, Please help.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:52:40 +0100
Von: "daniel garcia" <daniarnedo@xxxxxxxx>
An: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC:
Betreff:  Kernel panic with ifconfig down, Please help.

Hello,

I wrote a message last week, about a kernel Panic with 2.4.21-40ELsmp

I have observed that kernel non smp of the same distro behaves quite
better (at the end it freezes when I delete dvb modules some times)

Perhaps I did not explained myself very well, I'm using the skystar 2 (rev
2.6) as a network device to receive tcp packets of a satellite dvb-s data
trasponder. Dvbtune0-5 is used to create interfaces dvb0_0 and so on.

My friend and I, we are trying to follow the 1.1.1 driver code, to see if
some "race condition" could be the problem for my PentiumD failure as with
non multi processor kernel it allow us insert and delete the driver some
more times.

PLEASE, if someone could give us some hint or tell about any similar
experience, It would be fine, we are almost lost.

Please, give a hand.

Hi,
I would recommend to retry again with either latest 2.6.20 kernel,
OR: if you still prefer the 2.4 kernel just download the latest one, should be 2.4.34. Then retry, and then remail please!
Hope I could help you a bit!

Cheers
Uwe

______________________________________________ LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo. Llamadas a fijos y móviles desde 1 céntimo por minuto. http://es.voice.yahoo.com