Re: Re: Still empty .mpeg file

I demand that Nico Sabbi may or may not have written...

> Chribu wrote:
>>> 0.5 is ancient. Use a fresh cvs checkout instead
[snip]
>> I'm quite new to linux, so i'm not familiar with cvs yet.. If you think it
>> can be the cause, i'll try, but otherwise I'd prefer to stick with apt.

> distributing only official packages is usual debian idiocy

Or, perhaps, "no newer upstream release" is being taken to mean "no
significant subsequent development". Bug reports and requests for newer
versions from users tend to change such views.

Anyway, given the implication that the code has been developed somewhat since
0.5 was released, I'd view it as a sign that upstream needs to get its act
together and do a new release. (It'd be too late for etch, though, by about
two months...)

|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

Wait for that wisest of all counsellors, Time.