Updated scan file (was: Re: Nova-T USB stick problem)

I demand that Simon Kilvington may or may not have written...

[snip]
>> Suffice it to say that I have no problems with mine (2040:7050) for
>> receiving TV channels...

>> However, neither scan nor rb-download [1] work with it. scan always fails
>> with filter timeouts on PIDs 0x0011 and 0x0000, and rb-download always
>> reports "unable to read PAT" if given a service ID, else "unable to read
>> SDT".

> does the SVN version of rb-download fail?

> I've made some changes since the last release to do with how it handles
> frontend devices.

It turns out that it's not rb-download at fault...

It seems that this device (or, perhaps, the driver) is somewhat pickier than
I'm used to with my cx88 Nova-T cards - I need to add "-qam 16 -cr 3_4" to
dvbtune's parameters to get it to tune into the first of the BBC multiplexes.

Which, in turn, means that the Pontop Pike file is wrong - it has 1/2 but
needs 3/4 (see attached). It works with the cards, but not with the stick.

> I've actaully got one of these Win TV sticks (ID 2040:7050) - though I
> haven't built a new kernel that can handle it yet... is support in 2.6.19
> or do I need to wait for 2.6.20 or will I have to get a bleeding edge git
> tree from somewhere?

2.6.20-rc* and the v4l-dvb hg repository have support for it.

| + Generate power using sun, wind, water, nuclear.      FORGET COAL AND OIL.

We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.
# Pontop Pike, UK
# T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
T 690000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE