Problems running AVerTV DVB-T USB 2.0

Hello,

I got some problems with my AVerTV DVB USB 2.0 running under linux and
may be, someone here can give me a hint, how to solve the problem.

I'm using debian etch on my system and have all the DVB-Support
installed. I also installed the firmware file under /lib/firmware.

When I plug in the DVB-Tuner i get the following messages under syslog:
Jan 31 23:19:01 localhost kernel: usb 5-6: new high speed USB device
using ehci_hcd and address 6
Jan 31 23:19:02 localhost kernel: usb 5-6: configuration #1 chosen from
1 choice
Jan 31 23:19:02 localhost kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'AVerMedia AverTV
DVB-T USB 2.0 (A800)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Jan 31 23:19:02 localhost kernel: dvb-usb: downloading firmware from
file 'dvb-usb-avertv-a800-02.fw'
Jan 31 23:19:02 localhost kernel: usbcore: registered new driver
dvb_usb_a800

So for me everything there looks fine. But the blue light on my DVB-box
doesn't switch on and the device /dev/dvb is also not found on my
system, so no program finds the DVB-box.

Then I found a message on the internet that stated, I should plug in the
DVB-box and then reboot the machine. During the reboot the blue light
would switch on and the box would be working.
So I tried that.
It helped a little. When I reboot the machine the blue light really
switches on. But there is still a problem.
Sometimes when I reboot with the DVB-box connected, the blue light
switches on right at the end of the shutdown. But then when the machines
reboots it will hang on the reboot-process, when it does the hardware
detection.
Only sometimes the blue light switches on during the reboot process and
not already at shutdown. Then the DVB-Box is working and I can watch TV
like I want to.
But from 10 reboots this works only on one.

So does anyone here has a hint, what may cause this problem, that the
DVB-box seems not to initialized, like it should and how I could solve this?

Any hints are appreciated.

Bye

Ralf

--
Ralf Orlowski                           voice: +49-8134-935781
Hadersried 27a                          car:   +49-173-5239069