Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick frontend problems

I demand that Simon Keimer may or may not have written...

> I own a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T Stick which I cannot manage to work.

> lsusb gives me the following:
[snip]
> Bus 004 Device 005: ID 2040:7060 Hauppauge

> I use kernel 2.6.19.2 so I changed the device id hardcoded in dvb-usb-ids.h
> to 7060.

>From 7050, I'll bet...

> When I now plug in the stick dmesg states the following:

[snip]
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
> dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick'
> dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

> Why is there no frontend chosen?

Because full support isn't present in that kernel.

My Nova-T stick (ID 2040:7050) requires mt2060, support for which is in the
v4l-dvb repository and 2.6.20-rc*; it looks like yours is also supported.

If you choose to use the repository, make sure that /lib/modules/`uname
-r`/kernel/drivers/media is moved out of the way and that no v4l or dvb
modules are loaded.

|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.packages.html>

Earth first! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.