Re: DVB-C card anyone?

Henrik Gammelmark wrote:

> - Which (PCI-based) tunercard should we choose, and why?

Just make sure it supports QAM256 (some don't, but the networks are
actually using it now, so you'll need it to be supported) and that
there's a driver for it.

I am using a KNC-One DVB-C card, which fulfills these criteria and is
fairly cheap and available.

> - Does all CAMs work with all tuner cards?

Sadly, no. But as long as both the CAM and the card are fairly common,
it should work. Google the devices to see if the combination is listed
as known to be compatible anywhere, and/or make sure you can return
either device to the vendor if it doesn't work.

> - Does MythTV require anything from the card except valid drivers?

Don't know, don't use MythTV.

> - Technotrend Budget C-1500

Fairly hard to get right now, TT seems to have issues. Should be fine
other than that.

> - Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 Hybrid

IMHO premium cards are a bit of an anachronism; who needs HW decoding
these days? Other than that, it works.

> - TV-Station DVB-C

That's the one I have, with the CI interface (which can be installed
both in a FDD slot and in a PCI slot, which I think is a very nice
idea). I don't own a CAM, though, I installed the interface just in
case, so I have no experience there.