Re: Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

Hi Luca, All,
I'm attempting a port of your driver to the AF9015 chip, and slowly making progress. Just for reference, I've never written drivers for computers before, pretty much all my programming experience is in embedded stuff, it's much simpler there.

My biggest stumbling block at the moment is the firmware file. How did you know where to extract the firmware from (af9005.fw & af9005-script.h)? Was it simply through the documentation you were given, or was it through windows snooping?

I've sent Afatech an email asking for access to documentation on this newer chip, no reply yet, so just working with what I've got. This chip is at least somewhat different to the 9005, as simply adding the PID/VID of my device into the driver didn't work, I get a "af9005: boot bad config header." An extra err printout tells me that the buff[2] value that gives the "boot bad config header"  is 0x0 when it should be 0x11 for your driver.

I think I might be in this for the long haul, I've got to contend with a different tuner as well, I've got the QT1010 which seems to have pretty patchy support under linux.

Thanks,
--
Andrew Leech Andrew Leech