Re: genlock

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Samuel Goto wrote:
> The reason is that, like you said, the mpeg encoder is not sending a 100%
> stable raw mpeg datarate. It is probably sending a little bit more, which is
> causing an output overflow after 7 to 8 minutes of transmission. Bit by bit,
> after some time, it accumulates and overflows my output buffer.

If you have enough control over the mpeg encoder, you could use the
fullness of the buffer to send back-pressure to the encoder.

In other words, as the DVB encoder's buffer fills up, you send signals back
to the mpeg encoder to lower the bit rate.  As it gets empty, you send
signals back to increase the bitrate.