Re: genlock

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Samuel Goto wrote:

Hi everyone,Any

Hi Samuel,

      I am developing a dvb s1 transmitter. Its input is a MPEG TS from a
mpeg encoder and its output is a DVB S1 stream to the RF satellite.

OK.

      I am having problems synchronizing the input bit rate to the output
baud rate and I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this list ( or
suggest me a better one =) ). The transmitter works for 7 to 8 minutes, but
then its output buffer overflows ( showing that there is a small difference
from the input rate to the necessary output rate ).

The simplest way, I can think of, is to implement some kind of handshaking
between the transmitter and your transmitting applikation.

You should give the transmitter a chance to say "please stop sending data,
until I am ready to receive more". It has been done on telephone modems in
the past.

      Thanks for your attention,

      Cya, Sam

Regards,