R: How to handle multiple frontends?

Eddi writes:
 > The repository and my patch enable on card with multiple frontend both
 > frontend by creating frontend0,frontend1. Both driver if  trying to open the
 > other frontend, make the open by application to exit with error (return
 > -EBUSY;).
 >
 > I don't know if this is the best solution, but give it an eye if you don't
 > already done!

OK, thanks.
I seem to have missed the bus_ctrl stuff.
That is a good way to do it for the multi-tuner case with one TS input.
I will still need something different for other setups where the
frontends work simultaneously but the outputs can be routed differently.

In the HVR3000 case, do both frontends then use the same demux0?
So, if one can open only one at the same time, both should use
demux0? If one can open them at the same time, frontend 0
should use demux0 and the other demux1?
At least the latter is how I am doing it on dual-tuner cards with
independent inputs.

Ralph