Re: hauppage WinTV-NOVA-T_PCI

I demand that Jarno Kaunisto may or may not have written...

> I have that hauppage PCI card.
> I cannot make it work.
> /dev/dvb folder does not exist

Missing or not-loaded drivers, then...

> lspci -v command tells that
> that card is correctly identified but it also has
> "capabilities: <access denied>"

Which model is it? Newer, Conexant-based, ones need cx88-dvb (and cx22702,
which may be automatically loaded); older ones need budget-ci and tda1004x as
well as a firmware file (the name of which I forget). Use modprobe to load
them.

[snip]
> I have Kubuntu 6.10

If you find that the card drivers aren't being loaded automatically during
boot, add them to /etc/modules.

| + Output less CO2 => avoid massive flooding.    TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.