Re: MSI TV @nywhere a/d support

Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 16:17 +1030 schrieb Greg 'groggy' Lehey:
> On Friday, 12 January 2007 at  0:35:53 +0100, hermann pitton wrote:

> >> Any other thoughts out there people?
> >
> > That might depend on if your au-Adelaide (?) initial scan file is
> > already tda10046 safe. It needs correct values. Other frontends are
> > more tolerant and this can break it for you.
>
> I'm not sure I understand this.  A couple of questions:
>
> - By the "original scan file", do you mean the channels.conf file
>   described at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Zap ?  If so,
>   what might be wrong with it, in particular the au-Adelaide file?
>   I've had no trouble with it with the DVICO Fusion cards.
>
> - What's "tda10046 safe"?  In particular, what values do you think
>   might be incorrect?  How would one go about establishing what's
>   wrong?
>
> > Usually, if using "scan" from mercurial dvb-apps, it is best to set
> > all to AUTO there except freq. and bandwidth.
>
> Is this version significantly different from the one described at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Scan ?
>
> > This works fine for me on all 8MHz transponders, but my single 7MHz
> > one won't do it that way. Might differ for you. I think people had
> > already success also with 7MHz stuff.
>
> It would appear that transponders in Adelaide are all 7 MHz.

Just try. 7MHz AUTO works for me with xawtv4 cvs.bytesex.org setting
hierarchy NONE.

> > Another known pitfall with the tda10046 is that in Australia
> > reportedly offsets of 167000Hz are in use. You might try with
> > modified scan files with such positive and negative offsets.
>
> Where would this be?
>
> On Friday, 12 January 2007 at 15:38:01 +1100, Peter D. wrote:
> > On Friday 12 January 2007 10:35, hermann pitton wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >> That might depend on if your au-Adelaide (?) initial scan file is
> >> already tda10046 safe. It needs correct values. Other frontends are more
> >> tolerant and this can break it for you.
> >
> > I forgot about that.  I have two tuner cards and they differ in their
> > capabilities when presented with wrong configuration files.  Be warned that
> > there are many places that such a config file can be lurking - especially
> > if you are playing with multiple applications.
> >
> > I'm in Melbourne if you are interested in my configuration of Kaffeine.
>
> I'd certainly be interested in what differences you have in the
> configuration file.
>
> > Do you want any information about the remote?
>
> I'd certainly be interested.
>
> This card (if it's the one I'm thinking of) looks like being the
> cheapest locally available DVB-T card, so it would be nice to get good
> support for it.

Hi Greg,

so many questions. It is about the au-Adelaide in dvp-apps scan/dvb-t.
And it is all in the first place about tda10046.

Something to read at first.

Please look through what Peter had already on feedback in Sept. 2006.
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-September/thread.html

There have been also investigations/discussions about that offset issue
on the video4linux-list.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-video&r=1&b=200606&w=2

Note the DVB-T : +166 kHz Magic or Official in France ? thread.

Are you still searching Composite and S-Video on your DVICO ?
http://www.spinics.net/lists/vfl/msg30735.html

Likely a similar issue and might be easy to resolve.

Cheers,
Hermann