From: Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: John <jharitos@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dwaine Garden <dwainegarden@xxxxxxxxxx>; linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx; Linux and Kernel Video <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2007 6:50:44 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with Kworld ATSC-110

John wrote:
> Thanks, I look forward to seeing if it works on your
> system. I also tried it on a the latest livedvd
> Knoppix distro and it diplayed the same behavior.
>
> --- Dwaine Garden <dwainegarden@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I'll do some testing too.  I have not tried both
>> analog and digital on separate RF connections.

I sent out test patches to address this very issue ages ago, but nobody has ever
responded with any test results...

http://lists-archives.org/video4linux/10378-kworld-atsc110-philips-tuv1236d-f-h-multiple-inputs.html

The current code in the kernel will (or should) behave as follows:

One RF is used for analog + digital cable (QAM256)

The other RF is used for OTA VSB only.

One of the patches in the link above should change the behavior to reflect the following:

Analog will always use one RF, and digital, regardless of VSB or QAM, will use the other.

At the time I wrote the email, I wasnt sure which patch was correct, so I provided two
for testing.  One will work correctly, and the other will probably force all tuning to
use the single RF no matter what.

I do not have an ATSC110 to test this with, so it is up to you guys to test the patches
that I am providing, and make the appropriate changes to them as necessary.

>> I think this is the only hdtv card that does have
>> two RF connections.

Actually, the FusionHDTV3 Gold-Q also has two rf inputs, in addition to
the ATI HDTV Wonder.

I hope this information helps you... PLEASE respond with some feedback.

Cheers,

Mike Krufky