Re: HVR3000, cx88_alsa, crackly audio

Hi,

On 12/20/06, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert Longbottom wrote:
> Hi again!
>
> After much messing around I've managed to get the HVR3000 to working
> using Steven Toth's tree.
>
> I still need to unload and reload the tuner module a few times on each
> boot to make it pick up the TDA tuner chip, but it works once it has
> been detected.
>
> My problems with no audio was because I was using the wrong TV-norm :-/
> ooops.
>
> Now it is working, I have audio, but every now and again I get crackling
> or distorted audio.  This is when I'm watching TV (or  recording) using
> MythTV.
>
> Has anyone else experienced crackling / distorted audio (I guess on
> anything using cx88_alsa) and how did you fix it?

I'm playing catchup on the ML. It's good to see people have the HVR3000
patches limping/running.

How would you categorize the audio noise and is their any kind of
pattern to when it appears/disappears, or to the type of noise?

seems like I'm having the same issue here, I'll record a sample during
the next few days. seems like it's dropping audio data.
But my device is a Pinnacle Hybrid PCTV Cardbus (cx23880/xc3028)

Markus